For all devices
- Make sure volume control is on (volume dial should be set above the number 1).
- Check the tubing for any signs of moisture, debris, or ear wax blockages.
- Reposition the hearing aid tubing/dome in your ear canal.
For rechargeable devices
- Make sure the hearing aid is charged. If unsure, turn the hearing aid off and place on the charger until lights indicate it is fully charged.
For non-rechargeable devices
- Make sure the battery is inserted correctly.
- Make sure battery is fresh. If there is any doubt, replace the battery with a new one (after removing the adhesive tab, let the new battery stand for 1 full minute before inserting into aid so it fully charges).
- Check the battery contacts to be sure they are not corroded.