If the sound from your hearing aid is distorted or intermittent, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Trapped moisture may be clogging the hearing aid and distorting the sound. Consider using a hearing aid dehumidifier overnight and try again.
- Remove tubing from the hearing aid body and turn the volume up to maximum. If it whistles, your hearing aid is working and wax or debris may be blocking the sound.
- Check the tubing for debris, ear wax, or signs of wear. Clean the tubing, tip, and ear canal. Replace the tubing and tip if they appear worn. See information on cleaning and replacing parts.
- Lower the volume.
For rechargeable models:
- Turn the hearing aid off. Charge until blue light turns green and turn the hearing aid back on.
For non-rechargeable models:
- Open and close the battery door and rotate the volume dial (if applicable), in case dust or lint has collected in the hearing aid.
- Check the battery contacts to be sure they are not corroded.
- Replace the battery with a fresh one.