Skip to main content
Sound is distorted or intermittent
- Open and close the battery door (for non-rechargeable models) and rotate the volume dial (if applicable), in case dust or lint has collected in the hearing aid.
- Check the battery contacts to be sure they are not corroded.
- If the hearing aid was exposed to a humid environment, sweat or other moisture may be clogging the aid and distorting sounds. Consider using a hearing aid dehumidifier overnight and try again.
- Lower the volume.
- Replace the battery with a fresh one.
- Check the tubing for debris or ear wax or for signs of wear. Replace the tubing if it appears stiff, bent, cracked, or frayed.