What causes hearing loss?
The causes of hearing loss vary from aging to illness to environmental conditions. Possible causes of hearing loss include:
- Ototoxic drugs
- Heart disease and high blood pressure
- Loud noise in the workplace
- Head trauma experienced while playing contact sports or serving in the military
- Roar of the crowd in indoor arenas
- Extended ear bud use while listening to music
What are common signs of hearing loss?
If you find yourself turning up the volume on the TV or radio, frequently asking people to repeat themselves, have trouble hearing women and children speak, feel drained and stressed by trying to keep up with conversations around you and/or having a persistent ringing in your ears, you may have some degree of hearing loss.